Friday, April 24, 2009

Historical Revision? Maybe.

I was just told by my sister that she was the one holding the fishing pole, not my brother, and that we were in Massachusetts visiting my father's parents, not on the St. John's river. There is something that sounds right about that, but I can't figure out why I have such vivid memories of that experience being in Jacksonville. Which, I guess kind of proves my point regarding the previous post...memory can be deceptive. We often remember what we want to remember. I do, however, remember this. I got a fish hook and worm pushed through my eyelid. Massachusetts or Florida, that still sucks (Up there with the time I glued my eyelids shut with airplane modeling glue or when I locked myself in the old refrigerator on our back porch...but those are stories for another time).

No comments: